Monday, July 13, 2009

My blog is called this for a reason. A reminder for us all.

I rock!

Yep I said it. Hey, this is my blog isn't it? I can say whatever I want to. So I am saying that I rock!
(I am sure a few of you are rolling your eyes & thinkin' "here she goes...") But lets first start by stating that if you are rolling your eyes at your computer screen, it probably means you are judging me because you have no idea what I am about to say. Well I'd like to ask you to please re-read the name of this blog. Thank you. :)

Back to why I rock...

Oh yeah.

I love the Summer time! All of the trees in full, bright green bloom, longer days of energizing sunshine, & the happiness that is almost palpable when we get a nice day with no rain. Everything seems to be bountiful in the summer time. Especially the plentiful food supply we get from Mother Earth.

Now, I don't know about you, but I love food. No really, food & I, we just have this real connection. (I'm sure you know nothing of the kind...) Some of you may not know, that I graduated top of my Culinary Art class in high school, & had originally planned to attend college for this as well. (Life throws ya curve balls, you hit home runs.) So it's a true statement when I say that when I decide to throw a little effort into my cooking, we eat some pretty phenomenal meals in our house.

Since learning about the human body & how it works, what it needs & doesn't need, it would also be a correct statement when I say that my cooking has changed a tad. (My body is soooo thankful!) So this bodily information, in addition to being a Rochester Public Market aficionado, combined with a flare of love for food, is the begining to the reason why I said I rock.

Two nights in a row, we have had two awesome meals. But it's not just that they taste so delicious, it's also about how happy I am that I cook healthy meals that my body loves, & that I got mostly from Mother Earth's bounty. I'm telling you; when I eat healthy I feel happier & more energetic, I appreciate what I eat & where it came from, & it makes me say to myself- you guessed it- I rock!

I strongly believe that being your own biggest cheerleader in Life, is the way to go. If you don't love yourself, how is anyone else going to? If you don't respect yourself, how will anyone else? You get me?

Simple things can have a snowball effect & just add to this cyclical ride of enjoyment if you choose. Life as a magnificent human being is too short to not be happy. So love yourself first. Remind yourself everyday that you rock!

Oh, I'm sorry. You want to know what I made for dinner don't you? That can be my next post I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment